COVID-19 Update – Fidelity Hearing is open and ready to help
Did you know that 80% of our normal communication is non-verbal?
We rely on lipreading, facial expressions and visual cues way more than we think. During lock-down communicating via Zoom, phones, and masks hides most of these cues. We rely on our hearing more than ever.
Many people are surprised to find that for the first time they are struggling with hearing. If this is you don’t worry. We are here to help.
We are open, by appointment, for essential hearing services:
- Sudden hearing loss: if outside clinic hours please contact your GP or Emergency department ASAP.
- Medical referrals from GPs or specialists.
- Hearing consultations where hearing loss is impacting on work, communication, relationships or mental health.
- Hearing aid repairs and adjustments.
- Batteries and other consumables (we can post these to your home, just ring and request).
- Wax removal, where wax is causing pain or affecting hearing aids.
COVID-SAFE clinical practices to ensure a safe environment.
- All audiologists fully vaccinated.
- Patients by appointment only to ensure social distancing.
- Regular clinic cleaning after each patient.
- Mask wearing mandatory.
Clinic days, by appointment only:
Birkdale: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Laidley: Thursdays and Fridays.
During lockdown, our friendly reception team are working from home and are available to book appointments and answer questions during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00pm.
Home visits available for vulnerable patients: Please ask upon booking.
HANG IN THERE!!
We miss our Fidelity community however we will do whatever it takes to keep you all safe. Take care and we will see you soon!