The NDIS is a new government program which will allow more people to have access to government funding to help them with their hearing loss.
To be eligible for the NDIS, you are required to be under the age of 65 and have a permanent hearing loss which needs to meet NDIS criteria. This hearing loss needs to be identified and reported by an audiologist.
To check your initial, general eligibility, visit the NDIS checklist.
If you believe you may be eligible, call us on 1300 792 634 to make an appointment with us, so we can help you in your process in NDIS funding.
NDIS is currently available to our Lockyer Valley clients. Brisbane clients will be available commencing 1st July 2018.
The Australian Government Hearing Services Program provides ongoing support and funding for Australian Pensioners and Veterans.
These services include:
- Audiological assessments and consultations at no cost
- Subsidised hearing devices (where required)
You are eligible for the program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 26 years or older and you are
- Pensioner Concession Card holder
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card holder
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs White Card holder issued for specific conditions that include hearing loss
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- member of the Australian Defense Force1
- referred by the Disability Employment Services (Disability Management Services) Program or
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participant with hearing needs, referred by a planner from the National Disability Insurance Agency
If you hold private health insurance, you may have coverage for audiology services and hearing devices. Contact your private health provider for details or check the below PDF to see if your policy is listed:
T9 is the tax offset for net medical expenses on your income tax return. Hearing aids and associated devices obtained through a qualified professional are considered to be medical expenses by the Australia Taxation Office.
These also include any repairs, consultations, hearing tests and consumables (such as hearing aid batteries). For more information, speak to your tax accountant or go to the Net Medical Expenses Calculator on the Australian Taxation Office Website.
You can verify your eligibility by using the Government website
Book an appointment
Currently available to Birkdale and Lockyer Valley clients.
Download this form to use for patient referrals.